Saturday 27 April 2013

April Birchbox (UK)

I stopped getting all UK Beauty boxes a while back but with a code that was available back around the 11th (which was when I ordered), I thought.. "Why not!" It meant that the box was only £7.95 instead of £12.95.

I cancelled the subscription a few days later as I only wanted the one box.

This is what I received: 

BIRCHBOX BEAUTY BOX & MAGAZINE


BIRCHBOX MAGAZINE

Information leaflet

More information

Information about the box and some stuff the magazine includes

These are the list of items that were in the box.
Birchbox Paname Paris Mirror: (EXTRA FREE)



 I'm not sure about anyone else, but I certainly would not pay £7.50 for this mirror. I prefer foldable compact mirrors so they don't get as scratched easy but this just does not look like it is worth £7.50.. Sorry Birchbox! But for free I guess I can't complain.



 mirenesse Glossy Kiss:



The card with birchbox said this could be sharpened although it doesn't get sharpened as you just twist to get more. Its a mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip/Cheek Stain in the shade 14. Perfect Kiss. Full Size Product. This alone RRP is £17.50 although on the mirenesse website it is £19.46. I'll be swapping this as I don't use anything on my lips other than lip balm and don't use anything on my cheeks either. For more info on this product click the link below: 



GERDA SPILLMANN RENAISSANCE AGE SERUM (ANTI-AGING SERUM): 

 This is a 3ml Sample. Full size is 1oz which according to google is 29ml (rounded up). The full size is worth £69.00 making this worth £7.14 (rounded to the nearest full amount). If anyone is wondering how I got that amount: 69 divided by 29 times 3.  I don't use anti-aging serums so won't be using this either.

WELEDA Skin Food:



This I am curious about. Not only is it a natural moisturiser but there seems to be a lot of good reviews about it! So I'll definitely be giving this a try. This is a 10ml sample and full size is 75ml but you can also get it travel size at 30ml. RRP for full size is £8.95 making this worth £1.19.


SAVON MAYA ; La Societe Parisienne De Savons Soap:



I quite like the scent, smells fresh. This will definitely be used. Full size is 100g at £8.50.  This is 50g so would value £4.25.


Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Plump 'N Thick Leave-In Thickening Mist:



I will also be using this. This is 59ml and full size is 8oz which according to google is 227ml (rounded to the nearest). Full size RRP is £13.90 making this worth approx £3.61.


The total of the items I would use value more than what I paid for this box so I really cannot complain! The total value of the items I would use is approx £9.05 and since I got the box for £7.95 its a good buy & I can still swap the other two items.

(Approximately) The total value of the contents in the box is (not including the freebie):

£33.69

For anyone else who got the April box, did you get any different items? And what was your thoughts on the box contents? x



2 comments:

  1. I got the Mirenesse lipstick too but you can't actually twist it! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the brands website you can , although I had difficulty even getting the lid off so maybe its just a tough one? I'm quite heavy handed with things though so I'd be scared I would break it lol

      Delete