Monday 26 September 2016

My Piercings



There are so many questions that I get asked regarding my piercings & I thought I would do a blog post about them.

I do not regret any of them and I also have two tattoos

My only piercings are on my face and my ears and in total I have 5 under my lip, 1 above, 4 on my nose, cheeks and 5 on my ears.

I have stretched my ears slightly as gold, silver, or even gold and silver plated do not agree with my skin.

Moving on to questions and answers:

Does it hurt?

Well I guess that is just like asking if a blood test hurts as both involve needles. Depending on the location you may feel it more than other places but since I did most myself except my cheeks which I admit was rather silly, I can't really give a full response. I find the healing process to be most annoying as they need a lot of tending to and get crusty plus when trying to sleep it makes it irritating as I found I always managed to knock them in my sleep, ouch! 

My ears when stretching them stung for around a day, with a bit of aloe vera gel they cooled down and I was fine after that. 

Why so many?

Honestly, I have no proper answer for this. When I got one, I wanted another. It became a little bit of an addiction and got out of hand but my cheek piercings were my last.

Why none anywhere else?

People ask this all the time when I say it is just my face and ears. I am unsure if they mean to sound crude or are just incredibly nosey. Piercings elsewhere never interested me at all. 

Do they get in the way of things?

Actually yes they can do but I cope. I have a bag full of spare body jewellery that I keep in my main bag at all times just in case any of my piercing balls fall and I lose them. I must say though I do hate it when they fall in my food and I've got to dig them out with my fingers. Yuck! Cereal is the worst, chasing tiny piercing balls around a bowl filled with milk. I've also caught them on clothes a few times and my pillow and covers.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment