Thursday 16 May 2013

Ebay VS Swapping

At the moment my paypal is FLOODED with refunds because most of what ive previously bought online has been faulty. I'm not even kidding its disgraceful that people think they can send out cheap tack. 

I bought small cosmetic pots to put my creams in so i can put them in my bag and most of them are scratched , cracked or chipped. They're from china but came in a box of their own so must have originally been that way before sending.

Someone sent me cheap tacky looking flower pattern beads instead of skull and cross bones charms ... Honestly not sure how they got them mixed up.. Either way i'd never use the beads they're awful. 

Another seller sent me a bracelet that was STINKING. I'm not even kidding it smelt nasty and damp. But i bought another bracelet from a different seller and that was exactly the same.. The smell was that overpowering why would they even pack something that smelt so bad to send it out to someone?!

Then I received charms that had plenty of rhinestones loose and some already fell out.. 

I'll have to admit I did get my refunds (for most of them) still to contact one .. but the fact they send out stuff like that is awful 

On a good note I bought my mum wax melts and bought my sister something and they both arrived in perfect condition so very pleased!

Oh.... And I recently bought myself this: 




Although there have been a lot of bad stuff I have received, there has still been a lot I've been pleased with so I'm kind of 50/50 with ebay the now.
..



As for swapz site I've had some good swaps lately! Oh and now have 127 positive feedback.

But as far as random messages concern.. I had someone ask to swap their "dirty boxers" for my brand new in packet bra. Then said "why would you even swap a bra? really.."  Obvious reasons being I clearly don't need it if im swapping it, its brand new and someone else could use it.

Then I get asked if I'm a shoplifter..
Some charmers eh?
I can barely walk to the front door.. So I don't even go shopping outdoors!! 
Ah well. People like that I just have to ignore. But seriously they have some nerve.

I'm hoping to get some new swaps arranged this weekend. 
So fingers crossed .

Its just really disappointing that bigwardrobe has now pretty much turned into a ghost town of a website filled with advertisements and turned into a "broken site". But if swapz keeps improving it will be a much better site than bigwardrobe ever was.

2 comments:

  1. The worst is when they wont cover the costs of postage for the return of the item that they initially sent our broken/faulty! So you end up paying more for their mistake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've started to "demand" extra postage costs being refunded if they want it returned as I never paid for a faulty item so shouldn't have received one. & IF they refuse I'll just tell them I'll contact ebay with the photos of the damaged goods
      some sellers are so stubborn though but really i've had mouldy items, items that have almost set on fire, jewellery charms and beads that've had pointy bits sticking out all over the place which is dangerous and alsorts of stuff i really shouldn't have received. Luckily I have a really good camera to take photos of all the faults and send them to the sellers so they really cannot argue then.

      Mum received a frying pan today and the box it arrived in looked like someone had being playing table tennis with it or something... bashed completely all over the place and the frying pan had a dent in it >.< I think the royal mail team need new staff...

      Delete