Monday 22 July 2013

Penpals, Letters, Craft & Food Swaps!



First of all, I apologise for not writing a post for quite a while! 

I started using my Interpals account that I made ages ago. I never really used it much previously but thought I'd give it a try. I received an email saying a girl had contacted me on it so I went to check what was said and it turned out she wanted to be penpals and write letters! I hadn't wrote a letter in ages but decided at that moment I was going to start writing letters again. 
 
I'm glad I did. I've spoke to some nice people on there and already got myself 7 people to write to in the past month! I have to admit, I've had some rude and inappropriate messages as well.. But I just add them to my block list!

A girl I started talking to I am now exchanging crafts with. She is from Italy & she makes totally different stuff to me, as I make jewellery and bath stuff and recently started on lip balms & healing balms. I have no idea what she is sending me, so it will be a surprise when I get it but to be honest I'm really looking forward to receiving it! I've sent off a lip balm, bath salts (fragranced and with oils) and a soap to her, so I hope she likes them! Soap is a nice orange colour and smells sweet with a slight floral hint to it but I'm glad I made extras because I really liked the smell myself and have been using one of the extra ones I made.
This is her facebook page:
 https://www.facebook.com/SlugCreations

She does speak some English so if you are interested in some stuff send her a message!  

As well as a craft swap ongoing, I am doing a snack swap with a girl from America. We limited it to 5 snacks each. I just have to send her some Scottish Tablet & Macaroon!! 
Its exciting doing something different. I guess its like beauty boxes that send random items per month , you don't know what you're going to get. But I'm more looking forward to these because I feel they're more personal. 

 Maybe I'll find more people to do swaps with in the future? 
 I hope so!!
Does anyone else have pen pals? Do you swap stuff? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment